The Sky-Watcher EQ5 Pro Go-To Mount with steel tripod is a sturdy and heavy duty equatorial mount for the professional astronomer. With a 10 kg payload capacity the EQ5 Pro is capable of holding telescopes of medium dimension such as 200mm reflectors or 150mm refractors. The integrated bubble level and the adjustable tripod legs make the levelling easy, the azimuth and altitude axis can be fine adjusted for a precise polar alignment. The fine adjustment knobs allows easy tracking of an object even at high magnifications.
The exceptional SynScan Go-To system allows full control of both R.A. and Dec. axes with 9 slew speeds and 5 arcminute pointing precision, allowing you to quickly and accurately locate objects across the night sky. The Go-To system can automatically slew the telescope on command toward planets, stars, nebulae, galaxies, clusters and much more. The SynScan has 42,900 memorised celestial objects for an amazing journey in the night sky. The Deep Sky Tour function suggests a list of the most interesting deep sky objects currently visible, so even the novice astronomer can easily observe faint objects at the touch of a button.
Aligning an equatorial mount is an easy operation that can be completed in a few minutes. Once the tripod is levelled and the mount is oriented South, incline the mount at the same angle of your local latitude. For example, if you are in Sydney (latitude 33° South) adjust the mount inclination to 33° above the horizon using the scale on the EQ5 mount.
- Database with 42,900+ objects
- Messier, NGC, IC, SAO catalogues
- Autoguiding connection for astro-photography
- Two Star or Brightest Star Alignment
- Pointing Accuracy Enhancement feature (PAE)
- Unknown Object Identification feature
- Pointing accuracy up to 5 arc min
- Tracking rates: Sidereal, Lunar, Solar
- Slewing speeds: 1x, 2x, 16x, 32x, 64x, 128x, 400x, 500x, 600x, 800x (3.4°/sec)
- Motor type: DC servo motors
- Power requirement: 12V DC
- Polar scope for precise polar alignment
In The Box:
- German Equatorial Mount EQ5 Pro
- Aluminium Tripod
- Accessory Tray
- 20mm Counterweight Bar
- SynScan Hand Controller and Cable
- PC Connection Cord
- User Manual