Sky-Watcher EQM35 Goto Combo Mount is three mounts in one.
For astronomers taking the next steps in visual observing and astrophotography it’s a high precision, easy to use Goto tracking mount. More seasoned users will appreciate extra load carrying capacity for visual use and short exposure astrophotography in the mount’s Alt-Az mode. the beginner and experienced astronomers, ideal for smaller and medium sized optical tubes.
- Equatorial GOTO long exposure astrophotography tracking mount
A development of the mid-range EQ3 mount popular in various forms with thousands of astronomers around the world for decades, the EQM-35 has considerable enhancements aimed at more precise guiding and better stability. An updated RA worm drive for improved tracking with 180 teeth compared for 130 on previous versions. The Dec drive is also a worm drive for smoother slewing.
Uprated bearings throughout and general stability enhancements were key to the new mount. PE (periodic error) correction has also been improved. A die cast ZL102T0 aluminum body has meant an increase in weight of just 0.5kg compared to the current EQ3 mount despite the increased stability and rigidity.
- 10Kg capacity Alt-Az GOTO tracking mount
The EQM-35 can work in Alt-Az mode.
Alt-Az mode doesn’t require any polar alignment and is easier to set up. The mount will still automatically track celestial objects and is perfect for visual observing of the Moon, planets and deep sky targets. You can also use the EQM-35 in this mode for short exposure astrophotography such as capturing video of the planets and Moon for later stacking and processing.
Apart from easier setup, Alt-Az mode increases the carrying capacity of the EQM-35 to approx. 10kg
- Lightweight, portable tracking mount for DSRL photography
With a removable Dec assembly, the EQM-35 quickly converts into a heavy duty tracking mount for wide field or long exposure DSLR photography. In this lightened configuration you can even pack the EQM-35 into your hand luggage when travelling.
The EQM-35 is compatible with the complete range of Sky-Watcher DSLR mounting brackets and accessories.
When in either Equatorial or Alt-Az mode, the SynScan Go-To system allows full control in both axes with high precision pointing, allowing you to quickly and accurately locate objects across the night sky. The Go-To system can automatically slew the telescope on command toward planets, stars, nebulae, galaxies, clusters and much more. The SynScan has 42,900 memorised celestial objects for an amazing journey in the night sky. The Deep Sky Tour function suggests a list of the most interesting deep sky objects currently visible, so even the novice astronomer can easily observe faint objects at the touch of a button.
- Database with 42,900+ Objects
- Messier, NGC, IC, SAO catalogues
- Two Star or Brightest Star Alignment
- Autoguiding connection for astrophotography
- Pointing Accuracy Enhancement feature (PAE)
- Unknown Object Identification feature
- Pointing accuracy up to 5 arc min
- Tracking rates: Sidereal, Lunar, Solar
- Slewing speeds: 1x, 2x, 16x, 32x, 64x, 128x, 400x, 500x, 600x, 800x (3.4°/sec)
- Power requirement: 12V DC
- Polar scope for precise polar alignment
- Sky-Watcher Wifi Adapter
In The Box
- EQM35 Goto Combo Mount
- Steel Tripod
- Accessory Tray
- 20mm Counterweight Bar
- 2 Counterweight (1.8kg and 3.5kg)
- SynScan Hand Controller and Cable
- PC Connection Cord
- User Manual