The Sky-Watcher EQ3 Pro Mount is a versatile Equatorial mount for beginner and experienced astronomers, ideal for smaller and medium sized optical tubes.
The exceptional SynScan Go-To system allows full control of both R.A. and Dec. axes with 9 slew speeds and 5 arcminute pointing precision, allowing you to quickly and accurately locate objects across the night sky. The Go-To system can automatically slew the telescope on command toward planets, stars, nebulae, galaxies, clusters and much more. The SynScan has 42,900 memorised celestial objects for an amazing journey in the night sky. The Deep Sky Tour function suggests a list of the most interesting deep sky objects currently visible, so even the novice astronomer can easily observe faint objects at the touch of a button.
Aligning an equatorial mount is an easy operation that can be completed in a few minutes. Once the tripod is levelled and the mount is oriented South, incline the mount at the same angle of your local latitude. For example, if you are in Sydney (latitude 33° South) adjust the mount inclination to 33° above the horizon using the scale on the EQ3 mount.
- Database with 42,900+ Objects
- Messier, NGC, IC, SAO catalogues
- Two Star or Brightest Star Alignment
- Autoguiding connection for astrophotography
- Pointing Accuracy Enhancement feature (PAE)
- Unknown Object Identification feature
- Pointing accuracy up to 5 arc min
- Tracking rates: Sidereal, Lunar, Solar
- Slewing speeds: 1x, 2x, 16x, 32x, 64x, 128x, 400x, 500x, 600x, 800x (3.4°/sec)
- Motor type: DC servo motors
- Power requirement: 12V DC
- Polar scope for precise polar alignment
In The Box
- German Equatorial Mount EQ3
- Steel Tripod
- Accessory Tray
- 20mm Counterweight Bar
- 2 Counterweight (1.8kg and 3.5kg)
- SynScan Hand Controller and Cable
- PC Connection Cord
- User Manual